To request an appointment and/or submit a problem description to the Statistics Department, please fill out the information below:
The schedule of appointments for the current academic quarter can be seen in the UW Statistical Consulting Calendar. Please examine this calendar carefully for appointment slots marked "OPEN". It would be helpful to state 2-3 preferences since we receive multiple requests from clients.
Note: Biostatistics appointments usually take place in the F-643 Conference Room (inside Biostatistics' F-600 office suite), Health Sciences, while the Statistics appointments take place in Room C-301 or Room C-302 of Padelford Hall on UW's upper campus. In the following box please enter the dates and times you prefer to request for an appointment.
In the input box below, please describe your scientific problem and the statistical issues you want to discuss (e.g., study design, methods of analysis, interpretation and/or presentation of results). Please begin with a statement of your scientific aims and, if possible, provide some background or context for us.
It is often helpful to:
- List any references in your field which might help familiarize a consultant with your work (and attach copies of important papers if possible).
- Send us or bring to the meeting samples of questionnaires or any forms used for data collection.
- If available, bring copies of any preliminary descriptive analyses of your data, including graphics (scatterplots, histograms, etc.).
- If you have questions related to use or interpretation of output from a specific computer software package, please bring program documentation with you.
- If you have a collaborator or advisor who could provide additional valuable input, we would encourage their attendance.
Enter your problem description here. You are welcome to send further information by email (with attachments) or regular/campus mail.
In order to confirm your appointment with us -- and to help us prepare for the appointment -- we require that you submit this problem description form at least one day prior to your scheduled appointment.
We look forward to meeting you. If you are unable to make the above appointment, please contact the appropriate department to cancel and reschedule.